Can Views be added?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I was just wondering how much work it would be to enable views as well as tables as we have lots of views that need documenting and this tool fits the bill perfectly apart from it only handles tables :-(

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:28 PM

It is a great tool to add descriptions and generate the data dictionary of tables. Great work!

We also have a requirement to document the views and even the stored proceures. Will this be added to the tool?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Adding the possibility to document views and stored procedures is a feature I would like to implement in this tool. However, I don't have as much free time as I would like to have, to be able to implement these changes. So for now I can't give an ETA on this.
Oct 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Lovely tool, I also second the need for views documentation.

Sprocs and UDF would also be nice.

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Mr. Blanchard

I'd just like to say your application rocks.  It certainly makes life easier for documenting and supporting databases.  I've registered with CodePlex specifically to be up to date on any changes and I hope at some point you have the free time to tweak an already cool app.  I look forward to the updates regardless of when you get around to them.

Thanks again for a really handy app.

Ken